books

books

Sunday, July 5, 2015

List 1 : American History: Cornerstones of Freedom Books

Here is a great list of Twaddle Free books that are sure to excite your students in their delight-directed learning!  What better way to learn, than to first open up a book!

Here is how it works:  


  •  I will be posting at least once a week.  I will try to be fairly consistent, and hope it will be on Sunday Night.  
  • I will also be posting the same books on my instagram feed:  charlottemasonlibrary  I recommend that you follow my instagram feed as well. 
  •  I will announce on  my Twitter Account  cmlibraryblog Sunday night  that I will be publishing a new list.   
  • If you see something you would like to order, please email me at :Charlottemasonlibraryblog@gmail.com.  First come, first serve policy.
  • When I receive your email  stating what book you want,  I will confirm that you  can purchase it.  Then I will email you back asking you for your  address, and give you your total (with shipping).
  • Then you may place your paypal order. (see below) .  When that is done, I will  ship within 2 days.  
  • Remember.  I have thousands of books that I need to move!  :) 

 Nearly all of my books will be $3.00 +Shipping and Handling.  Some may be cheaper (paperbacks), others a bit more expensive (collectibles) .  But the majority of my books are $3.00.   I will be mailing books per media mail to keep your costs down.  If you want them sooner, you must let me know.   

At this time, I only accept PayPal  (Fulqwvrmom@aol.com) for online payments. If you would like to pay by check, then I will hold your book until the check clears, then mail your book.



I will do my best to answer any questions you might have regarding the book themselves.

******************************************************************************* 
The Cornerstones of Freedom  Books


"A series of 32 page books jam-packed with information on very specific events in American history. Geared for ages 9-11, grades 4-6, each book includes both color and black & white photographs, maps, a glossary, and a timeline of the events surrounding the event covered. Nicely layed out and interesting." "(From: Exodusbooks)

This is a really great set of books to have in your home.  There are quite a few of these books in the series and good for even an adult, if you are wanting an overview of a certain event in American History.   I have approximately 40 of these books and have used them in our history lessons, or as part of our summer reading .  I have even paid my kids $.10-.25 upon reading each book. But after a few books...they don't need the $ prompts!   I have one more child working through them, then off they go to being posted here.    Several of the titles listed below I have never seen  except when I purchased them.  They are all hard backs., used and in good condition.   If you keep your eye out, you might find them at thrift stores or antique stores...but they are becoming increasingly  more difficult to find, especially the hardbacks.  With revisionist history in full swing, particularly in American History, these titles will add to your U.S. history collection as  YOU  learned it. I have placed an asterisk next to the title to let you know that this particular title is scarce .    Snatch them up when you find them and start your collection now! 

At this time...all 46 of my Cornerstones of Freedom books are sold.  I will be posting another list , hopefully by Wednesday night, 7/8/15  Thanks EVERYONE!


*The Lone Star Republic:  $3.00 plus shipping  SOLD!


*The Black Hawk Wars: $3.00+ Shipping SOLD!

*The Story of Gettysburg Address:  $3.00 + Shipping SOLD!
!
The Story of The Liberty Bell:  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!
*The Story of The Little Bighorn :  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!

The Story of Mount Rushmore :  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!


The Story of the Statue of Liberty:  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!


*The Story of The Golden Spike :  $3.00 +  Shipping  SOLD!

*The Story of The Oregon Trail:  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!

*The Story of The San Francisco Earthquake $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!
The Story of The Gold at Sutter's  Mill;  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!


*The Story of Monticello:  $3.00 + shipping  SOLD!



*Abigail Adams:  $3.00 + Shipping  SOLD!

This book is NOT a Cornerstone of Freedom book, but rather a "Heroes of the Revolution" book.
 This is a very similar format.

Helping Families Build their Home Libraries,
One Book At A Time!

Pam







No comments:

Post a Comment