books

books

Monday, July 13, 2015

List 3: Pirate reads!


Ahoy...Ye Mate!

Here is a great list of Twaddle Free books that are sure to excite your students in their delight-directed learning!  What better way to learn, than to first open up a book!

Here is how it works:  


  •  I will be posting at least once a week.  I will try to be fairly consistent, and hope it will be on Sunday Night.  
  • I will also be posting the same books on my instagram feed:  charlottemasonlibrary  I recommend that you follow my instagram feed as well. 
  •  I will announce on  my Twitter Account  cmlibraryblog Sunday night  that I will be publishing a new list.   
  • If you see something you would like to order, please email me at :Charlottemasonlibraryblog@gmail.com.  First come, first serve policy.
  • When I receive your email  stating what book you want,  I will confirm that you  can purchase it.  Then I will email you back asking you for your  address, and give you your total (with shipping).
  • Then you may place your paypal order. (see below) .  When that is done, I will  ship within 2 days.  
  • Remember.  I have thousands of books that I need to move!  :) 

 Nearly all of my books will be $3.00 +Shipping and Handling.  Some may be cheaper (paperbacks), others a bit more expensive (collectibles) .  But the majority of my books are $3.00.   I will be mailing books per media mail to keep your costs down.  If you want them sooner, you must let me know.   

At this time, I only accept PayPal  (Fulqwvrmom@aol.com) for online payments. If you would like to pay by check, then I will hold your book until the check clears, then mail your book.



I will do my best to answer any questions you might have regarding the book themselves.

******************************************************************************

What is "delight directed education"?  Well, this is not a complete exposition on this topic...but do you have a little fella or gal who is obsessed with life on the sea?  Dresses like a pirate (even when it isn't Pirate and Princess night at Chick Fil A!)?  Well....then you might want to capitalize on your child's interest and begin a "Life on the Seas" Library for them.  This selection is dedicated to all of those  children who have this fascination.  




Free: to anyone who wants this  and who places an order:  

The reason this is free is because it has no back cover.  Now I hope you don't think this too tacky of me to put up!  But, I think, hey, it is a classic, and it is completely there.  Someone might like to have it regardless. 

Hard back, large edition, library bound , ex library.  Good condition,  Reading level 3rd-5th grade.   Lots of fun activities to do!    $3.00 + shipping
Hard back, library bound edition, very good condition, Reading level 4-6 grade.
Highlights: Henry Morgan, Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, Bonny and Read.  Includes a glossary and further reading list.  $3.00 + shipping



Hard back , Library bound, EXCELLENT condition, reading level:  2 - 4 grade.   Gorgeous illustrations.   I love Eyewitness books!  $3.00 + shipping SOLD


Paper back, Very good condition, GORGEOUSLY illustrated with  full color pictures, and photos.  Lots of labeled diagrams... all about pirates in the 1600-1700"s ships, crews, clothing, flags,life at sea, and has some activities for your children.  $2.00+shipping SOLD



An 18th century tale , when the seas were infested with pirates.  Hardback, 250 pages, illustrate with pen and ink drawings, (see below), 5-6 grade reading level.  $ 3.00 + shipping




BOOKS TO LOOK FOR:


This is a book that I MIGHT have an extra...but I believe it is out in the "warehouse" and I haven't gotten to books out there yet.  But if YOU come across it, get it.  Anything by this award winning author, Clyde Robert Bulla,  is worth keeping on your shelves.  Look at the gorgeous pen and ink drawings!  Your library might carry this.  Or be on the look out for this in antique stores, or thrift stores etc.  

Helping families build their home libraries....one GREAT book at a time!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment